Running a business can be tough work, and long days can be draining not just physically, but mentally as well. If things aren’t going quite the way you thought it would or you lose out on a deal you were hoping to close, the motivation to keep moving forward and give your business its all can quickly go on a downward spiral to nothingness. Finding something to give that motivation the boost it needs can keep you rolling toward success, and for many, inspirational quotes are just the thing to move them forward.
Here are some inspirational business quotes for you to reflect on to get you out of any current or future ruts.
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” — Winston Churchill
- “Business opportunities are like buses: there’s always another one coming.” — Richard Branson
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.” — G.K. Chesterton
- “I don’t know the word ‘quit.’ Either I never did, or I have abolished it.” — Susan Butcher
- “Far and away, the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” — Theodore Roosevelt
- “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” — Will Rodgers
- “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” — Barack Obama
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” — Helen Keller
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” — Walt Disney
- “The only way around is through.” — Robert Frost